Not bad, not bad at all.
Kimchi and Lemongrass Sausage Fried Rice
Recipe type: Main
Cheap and Fast
- 2 rice cups of short grain rice, yields ~ 6 rice cups cooked.
- ½ lb frozen petite cut veggies (green beans, carrots, corn, peas mix), thawed
- 1 cup kimchi, finely chopped
- ½ - ¾ lb lemongrass sausage from an Asian market, casing removed and crumbled
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp white pepper
- Chopped cilantro and sliced green onions (optional)
- Cook the rice. Toss with 1 tsp salt while warm. Set aside while preparing the rest.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute sausage, break sausage down into small pieces, until cooked.
- Push sausage to sides of skillet, add eggs. Scramble the eggs every minute or so until fully cooked.
- Add kimchi and thawed veggies, saute 2 minutes.
- Add rice, mix thoroughly. Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions, if using.
If lemongrass sausage is not available, use some other Asian sausage, such as sweet Chinese sausage.
The flavor combination turned out very well. Even the texture of the rice turned out well, which is, frankly, a first for me. I’m pretty terrible at making Chinese-ish food.
Would eat again.