I HEART prosciutto.
- French bread, or other bread of your choice
- Shallots, thinly sliced
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Goat Cheese
- Dice tomatoes or cut into slices. Marinate in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sugar if tomatoes are not sweet, for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly flour the sliced shallots and heat oil for frying. Fry in batches until golden brown.
- If bread is very crusty, cut the crusts off and slice thinly enough for sandwiches.
- To assemble, layer crumbled goat cheese, marinated tomatoes, arugula, shallots, prosciutto on bread.
- To toast the sandwiches, Heat a skillet on the stove top, coat with very thin layer of butter, and toast the sandwich on both sides while pressing down on sandwich.
Not much of a recipe, but it’s so delicious! I can’t decide if this is my current favorite sandwich, or the ever delicious BLT + egg + guacamole + pickled red onion + chipotle mayo. Or Bahn mi. I really like sandwiches.